Main menuSub menuContents


Frequently Asked Question

[Questions]opening business



It is possible for foreigners to open their own bakery.

However, there are some foreigners who cannot receive permission to operate a food business.

If you have your certificate of residence for foreigners, you may call 1345 without a telephone exchange number to find out whether or not it is possible to receive permission to operate this business.

In Korea, if you want to sell cookies and cakes you’ve made, you need to have a business license pursuant to the Regulation for the Food Sanitation Act.

The business license should be registered at the Gu Office (Sanitation Division) of the place where you would like to do business.

<Required Documents>

1. Business license application form

2. Health record book (place of issuance: the district health center)

3. Certificate of completion (place of training: Korean Bakers Association Daegu Branch, Tel: 353-6266)

For further details, please contact the District Gu Office (Sanitation Division) for more information.

If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact us. We will do our best to respond to your question. Thank you.