○ This winter, Daegu Metropolitan City will again install and operate free of charge the Sincheon Skating Rink along the banks of the Sincheon river to allow citizens to improve their health and enjoy leisure and sports activities during the winter season.
○ The Sincheon Skating Rink will be installed in a space collectively extending 2,530 sq. meters, including an ice rink measuring 1,830 sq. meters (30 meters X 30 meters) and amenities (resting hall, rental hall, restrooms and spectators seats) at Sports in Living Plaza, located near the downstream Daebonggyo Bridge along the banks of the Sincheon.
○ The Sincheon Skating Rink was used by 51,809 people for 47 days when it first opened in 2008; the rink extended its operation period by a week to 60 days from the 53-day period in 2009 due to immense popularity, attracting a combined 75,482 people. The facility will run for 52 days from December 17 to February 6 this year.
○ The rink will open from 10 a.m. to 9 p.m. on weekdays, and 10 a.m. to 10 p.m. on Saturdays, Sundays and holidays. There is no entrance charge, and skate rental fee is set at 1,000 won per hour.
○ Daegu Metropolitan City will install various convenience facilities, and deploy safety staff to prevent accidents at the skating rink. The city will also offer skating lessons for beginners.