Main menuSub menuContents

Nature

Gyeongsang Gamyeong Park

  • Gyeongsang Gamyeong Park (title image)
  • Gyeongsang Gamyeong Park (first image)
  • Gyeongsang Gamyeong Park (second image)
Intro :
Gyeongsang Gamyeong Park was the original location for Gyeongsang Gamyeong before it was moved to Daegu about four hundred years ago. It was turned into a park in 1970 to preserve the location, permanently. It was initially called ‘Central Park’ because of its location in the center of Daegu, but its name was changed to ‘Gyeongsang Gamyeong Park’ in 1997. Seonhwadang (Daegu tangible cultural property No.1), where Gyeongsang Gamsa worked, and Jingcheonggak (Daegu tangible cultural property No.2), which is a dwelling place, as well as the gravestone (No. 27) containing the achievements of the governor or Gwanchalsa, can all be found inside the park. The park is loved by citizens because of its green forest, beautiful flowers, well-organized grass plaza, fountain, and its comfortable walking roads and benches. It acts as a quiet resting place where one can escape urban life and ease fatigue and stress. ○ Seonhwadang Seonhwadang was constructed in Daegu when Gyeongsang Gamyeong was moved here from Andong during the 34th year of the Seonjo period (1601). This building was where the governor worked and it was ravaged by fire twice in 1730. The current building was reconstructed in the 7th year of the reign of King Sunjo(1897). It was located on the premises of the Gyeongsangbuk-do Provincial Office until 1969 before being turned into Central Park in 1970. Additional repairs gave it the look it enjoys today. ○ Jingcheonggak Jingcheonggak is believed to have been constructed together with Seonhwadang when Gyeongsang Gamyeong moved to Daegu in the 34th year of the Sunjo period (1601). This building was ravaged by fire twice in 1730, and the building was newly built in the 13th year of the reign of King Jeongjo (1789). Since then, numerous repairs turned the former Gyeongsang Gamyeong into the current park. Jingcheonggak is located behind the left side of Seonhwadang.
Address :
21, Pojeong-dong, Jung-gu, Daegu
Hours :
24 hours a day, seven days a week